Schübeler Technologies is a renowned expert in the field of electric aerospace propulsion. For more than 25 years, we have been designing and manufacturing groundbreaking electric solutions for customers seeking thrust, volume flow and pressure in highly challenging environments. Schübeler Technologies products are today being commonly used by industry leaders for aerospace, automotive, robotics and defense applications.
For our team in Bad Lippspringe (Paderborn), we are looking for an engineer with a passion for aircraft, propulsion systems, aerodynamics and the like who supports our development team as soon as possible. Within this new position, you dive deeper into the aerodynamic design, rotor dynamics and mechanical design of electrically driven turbomachinery. You should bring with you the knowledge to optimize the machines in terms of efficiency, robustness and lightweight construction.
In return, we offer you state-of-the-art materials for your tasks, a dynamic team and exciting theoretical as well as practical challenges. You take care of our projects’ design, prototyping and testing phases and should already have experience getting in touch with international customers. Ideally, you have several years of experience in Aero-Design and Mech-Design, lightweight and solid structures are a matter of course for you.
- You support our development team and develop solutions for our new products
- You design complete components and assemblies with regard to technical and regulatory requirements
- You are responsible for performing computational analysis, CAD design and 2D drafting
- You build the prototypes and rigs, perform tests and document your progress as well as the results
- You work closely with the production department in order to prepare for a smooth transition from R&D to production
- You have successfully completed a degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- You have extensive work experience with the design and analysis of lightweight structures and aero-components
- The safe and ready-to-use handling of a relevant CAD program as well as computational analysis tools, especially FEA and CFD is required
- You have an independent, creative way of working and are interested in developing new ideas
- You are skilled in craftsmanship and enjoy building and testing the prototypes you have designed
- You speak English and German fluently
- Your results-oriented and structured way of working as well as your teamwork complete your profile